Symptoms, Dynamics, Vicious Cycles + 10 Ways to Rekindle Your Spark!
Symptoms of "spiralling down", "burnout" or "chronic fatigue syndrome" vary from person to person and from day to day, but key features are:
- Disconnection from our power - where has it gone?
- Disconnection from the things we would so like to be doing
- Disconnection from those around us - who have lots of energy and choice
- Disconnection from our life-force - our vital spark has gone!
- Disconnection from fulfilling our dreams - and the joy that goes with that
- Repeated failure
- Depending on others
- Inner emptiness
- Vicious cycles dragging us down
- Fear about the future
A Poem about Burn-out: Dead Weary
Dumped on! - Failure to Maintain Personal Boundaries:Sometimes we are trying too hard to be good, acceptable, "spiritual" or "please others" and fail to protect our "personal space" from being used as a dumping ground for other peeople's problems, burdens (emotional or practical) and bad feelings. Our DNA encodes natural "protect and survive" mechanisms - our anger and aggression - for protecting our personal space (energy field, health and wellbeing), but sometimes we lack the confidence and/or skill to use these natural gifts appropriately and proportionately. Check out our page on "ANGER & FRUSTRATION - MANAGEMENT & RELEASE" for more information.
As our self-confidence, self-esteem and productivity falls, a vicious cycle is established wherein we are increasingly vulnerable to taking on more burdens and wasting more energy in vain efforts to please, to be in control, or to be "good enough". At the same time it takes more and more of our energy to "hold down" ("bottle-up") our escalating frustration and bad feelings towards ourself and others. Periodic uncontrolled, self-sabotaging outbursts to release the pressure of these held-in bad feelings, just serves to tighten our grip on them - draining yet more of our precious life-energy
Driven-ness, Obsession, Addictions, Over-Control or Over-attachment:
- Driven-ness - A poem about impatience and frustration
- Drivenness can lead us to scatter our energy or become over-controlling (a "control freak!")
- Over-attachment to particular personal agendas or perceived solutions to our problems can drain us of our energy
- Fear, Anxiety, constant worrying can become exhausting
- Our obsessions and our obsessive search for answers to our problems, can become a hiding place from stress, or a perceived route of escape that fails to work and actually keeps us still trapped. While we are "hiding" or obsessed with "escaping" from stress we may not be directly confronting and dealing it, so they just go on and on, or even get worse until we "wise up" and find out how to regain our balance
As the old saying goes "When you are in a hole - stop digging!"
Why not come along instead to our gentle & fun Training courses or Confidential 1-to-1 coaching sessions and experience the 10 Ways to Rekindle Your Spark?
Relax and learn how to manage burn-out and stress with simple techniques such as diet and using stress balls.
Worried about whether you will have enough energy for our workshop?...
Leave that problem to us...
Our task is to re-connect you to your energy - If we fail we will give you your money back!
Author & Course facilitator: Dr. Mike Meredith
Burnout - UK Courses & Workshops: Details & Booking
Help for Burnout & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ME CFS
Queries or Comments? Enquiry form